Cashew-Ginger Soba Noodles Bowl
Make 2 Bowls
For the Bowls
7 oz soba noodles
1 carrot, peeled or scrubbed, and julienned
1 bell pepper, any color, seeded and thinly sliced
1 cup snow peas, or snap peas, trimmed and sliced in half
2 tablespoons chopped scallions
1 cup chopped kale, spinach, or lettuce
1 avocado, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons cashews, chopped
For the Dressing
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
2 tablespoon cashew butter, or almond butter
2 tablespoon rice vinegar, or apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons tamari, or soy sauce
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
2 – 3 tablespoons water (optional)
- Boil a medium pot of water and add the noodles. Keep it at a low boil, turning down the heat and adding cool water if necessary, to keep it just below a rolling boil. The soba will take 6-7 minutes to cook, and you can stir occasionally to make sure they don’t stick to each other or the bottom of the pot. Once they’re cooked, drain them in a colander and rinse with hot or cold water, depending on whether you want a hot or cold bowl.
- You can have the vegetables raw, in which case you just need to cut them up. If you’d like to cook them heat a skillet to medium-high, and sauté the carrot with a little water, broth, olive oil, or sesame oil. Once the carrot has softened slightly, add the bell pepper. Then add the peas and scallions, to warm for a minute, before turning off the heat.
- Make the dressing by squeezing the grated ginger for its juice, then whisking together all the ingredients or pureeing in a small blender, adding 2 – 3 tablespoons of water as needed to make a creamy consistency.
- Arrange your bowl, starting with a layer of chopped kale or spinach (for hot noodles) or lettuce (for cold noodles), then the noodles drizzled with some extra tamari/soy sauce, then the vegetables.
- Top with the dressing, sliced avocado, and sprinkle of chopped cashews.
cooked and rinsed soba noodles keep well in the fridge, so make a whole package and keep them on hand for quick weeknight bowls or lunches to go.
Calories: 392; Total fat: 28g; Carbs: 31g; Fiber: 10g; Protein: 12g